With the results of the bye elections in and the BJP doing well in Narendra Modi’s Gujarat, Offstumped is inviting open debate from its community of readers and twitter followers on “Minimum Government Maximum Governance” being a credible Center Right alternative to the UPA’s ostentatious austerity and one-size-fit-all psuedo progressivism.
Will the BJP go to polls in Maharashtra for the upcoming assembly elections with Minimum Government Maximum Governance as its platform ?
Recent tweets on this subject below:
- Last but not the least “Minimum Government Maximum Governance” in action http://is.gd/3gpdq from Offstumped archives
- More on “Minimum Government Maximum Governance” from INI’s Pragati edition March 2008 http://is.gd/3goYJ
- Narendra Modi’s seminal speech in Chennai articulating Minimum Government Maximum Governance is a must read http://is.gd/3goP7
- Window of opportunity still exists for Modi to seek moral high ground & steer larger BJP debate rather than leave it to apolitical ideologue
- If there is one reassuring angle to bypolls it is that BJP’s lock on Gujarat is secure enuf for Narendra Modi to consider larger issues
- Imperatives for the BJP dont change it still needs to settle succession with transparency, break new ground with coherent credible agenda
- Why all this excitement over bye-elections, BJP always did in state polls till R’sthan debacle and Delhi defeat
- If farmers with even 25 acres of land are signing up for NREGS http://is.gd/3eAL0 it raises troubling questions on who exactly is BPL ?
- Lack of coherent & credible political alternative to NREGS is leading to institutionalization of role of Govt as primary employment provider
- must be asked how long before the psuedo-progressives in the Congress decide to pass a “Right to Employment” bill universalizing NREGS
- Finally a political party bold enough to say it will scrap NREGS will promote rural self enterprise http://is.gd/3eC3Y kudos to Sharad Joshi
- Can the BJP ever demonstrate such clarity and certitude to denounce NREGS for destroying self reliance fostering a BPL mindset
- Punjab seems to make a start in letting rural Local Government raise its own revenues be self sustaining http://is.gd/3ezBm
- Finally someone is paying attention to 2002 BPL Census data http://is.gd/3euCl will the same ministry accept majority dont want entitlements
- At the risk of sounding repetitive will say this again there is only one opposite to UPA’s one size fit all centralized psuedo-progressivism
- Movement to freedom and autonomy to Local Governance, unless the BJP reinvents itself to herald this move it will be seen as Congress clone